Sunday, April 1, 2012

Surprised by Darcy!

Lydia and Wickham have come to visit us before they go up North, much to my family's discomfort. Darcy walks about acting has if nothing has happened and has done nothing wrong and Lydia walks about not knowing what she has done to the family. Lydia also told Elizabeth and I that Darcy was at her wedding! Lizzy wrote to Mr. Gardiner to get more details and it turns out that Darcy was the one that found Lydia and Wickham and also the one that paid Wickham!

1 comment:

  1. Jane, I feel the reason Mr. Darcy tries to ignore what has happened is because he fears that your family might misinterpret any other behavior as a show of shamefulness over the event, which he and I haven't the slightest trace of. Mr. Darcy understands as well as I that the rebelliousness of one of your sisters in no way brings shame to your family, it is a part of her young and flowering life. I only hope that Lydia can realize the mistake she has made, and leave her husbund before she is further hurt. Mr. Wickham is truely a foul man indeed.

    ReplyDelete